Request for Information in Alternative Formats
What information is available in alternative format?
All information available to the public can be made available in alternative format, where it is practical and where funding permits. Such documents may include application forms, information leaflets, reports, explanatory documents and other such public interest/service documents.
Examples of Accessible Formats available
- Accessible format such as HTML and other electronic formats such as Plain Text.
- Large Print Version in English (at least 16 point)
- Easy-to-Read version
- Audio version in English
- Other alternative formats as may be requested
It may also be possible to have certain documents translated into core foreign languages, where requested.
Sign Language Interpreters will be provided for public events, meetings, interviews and other events where necessary and where requested in advance.
It should be noted that each request will be dealt with on an individual basis and level of availability will depend on document requested.
How to make a request for information in an alternative format.
- In writing, at any public counter or posted directly to the Access Officer. Requests should be signed and dated by person making request where at all possible.
- By emailing the Access Officer Directly.
- By phoning any of the public counter staff. Ask staff member to record details of your request.
- Online on relevant page of Cork County Council Website, where available.
Information needed on request:
- Name, Address and contact details of person requesting information.
- Specific details of document/information being requested.
- Time frame in which information is required and reason for any specific deadlines.
- If request is for a sign-language interpreter please specify full details of event/meeting.
In cases where the person making the request is unable to complete the request in writing, the assisting staff member should complete same on their behalf.
Receipt of Requests
- All requests received by staff members should be forwarded by internal post to the Corporate, Community & Economic Development Directorate.
- All requests will be acknowledged within 7 working days of receipt of same and will be dealt with within 21 working days of receipt of same.
- Where a delay in providing information exists, the person making the request will be made aware of a date in which they can expect to receive the information.
- Where necessary, reasons for not being able to provide information requested will be explained fully in writing to person making request.
Any further queries or complaints regarding non-compliance with this procedure should be forwarded to:
Siobhan Morgan, Accessibility Officer
Corporate, Community & Emergency Services Directorate,
floor 14, Cork County Hall,
Request for Information in Alternative Format Form