Welcome to the Housing Services Directorate of Cork County Council
The main purpose of the Housing Directorate is to facilitate the provision of suitable, quality and cost effective housing accommodation and housing support. Services carried out by the Housing Directorate include the provision of housing support for households in need of same through a combination of:
1. Rented Local Authority Housing
2. Rental Accommodation Scheme (RAS)
3. Long-term Leased Units
4. Voluntary/Co-operative Housing
5. Improvement Works in Lieu of Local Authority Housing
6. Site for a Private House
7. Traveller Accommodation
8. Transfer from existing Local Authority Accommodation
9. Extension to an existing local authority house to meet needs
There has been a major reorientation in social housing policy over the past number of years. In particular, a greater emphasis is now being placed on sourcing social housing units from the private sector, through schemes such as the Rental Accommodation Scheme (RAS) and the Social Housing Leasing Initiative (SHU). The catchment area for the Housing Services Directorate is the administrative area of Cork County Council.
The Housing Public Counter opening hours are from 10.00am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday.