Cork County Council's IT Department is a support department that strives to provide excellent IT support services to business units in Cork County Council, elected Council members and the public. It serves the needs of over 2,500 staff. This support also extends to the elected Council members, the public and the town councils.
Cork County Council faces challenges and changes over the coming years. The changes take many forms, such as a more demanding public, more emphasis on value for money, pressures associated with an enhanced level of service and the integration of local development with local government. To meet these challenges, the Council must be flexible and accessible.
The IT Department has a key role to play in this context. Accordingly, our objectives are as follows:
- To support the mission of the County Council with effective and efficient information and administrative systems.
- To provide an IS infrastructure that allows easy access to information.
- To provide excellent support with existing resources to elected members, Council management and staff, and voluntary and community-based groups.
- To enable elected members, staff and the public to interact with Council departments on a self-service basis.
- To enable our systems to support a changing and evolving environment.
- To endeavour to be customer-focused and treat customers with care, honesty and respect at all times.
To promote open and honest communication in all working relationships, both internal and external.
- To strive for continuous improvement in the services we provide by using resources efficiently and effectively, delivering value for money and in the process making effective use of information and communications technology, with particular emphasis on reduced licensing costs.
- To be a good employer, respecting the dignity of staff, acknowledging their contribution and supporting their development through teamwork, participation, training and empowerment.
We plan to achieve these objectives through the cultivation of customer-focused and performance-driven staff and providing efficient structures and systems to enhance and provide an excellence in IT services and solutions.