- Tuesday - Saturday - 9.30 am - 5.30 pm
- Closed on Saturdays of bank holiday weekends.
- Closed on Mondays.
Bantry Library offers a wide range of books for lending to adults and children, including books on tape, CDs and DVDs.
The following newspapers are available for viewing in the library: the Irish Examiner, the Irish Times, The Sunday Business Post and the Southern Star.
Internet access is available on four PCs for registered library members and visitors. Advance booking for this service is advisable.
A WiFi Internet service is available to all library members in Bantry Library. Library users may log in to the service on any Internet enabled device.
Bantry Library holds a number of events during the year:
- St. Brigid's Day
- Library Ireland Week
- Seachtain na Gaeilge
- West Cork Literary Festival (see below)
- Summer Arts Programme for Children
- Heritage Week
- Children's Book Festival
West Cork Literary Festival
The next festival will run from Sunday 12th - Saturday 18th July 2015.
For more information about the 2015 Festival click on the following link:
- Bantry Library Book Club meets on the first Thursday of every month at 12 noon. Book Clubs are a chance to get together with other local book lovers. Two book titles are discussed each month. You will have a chance to give your opinion of a particular book in a relaxed and informal way. The mixture of different views and comments enriches everyone's experience of the book. Like all Cork County Library events, admission is free.
- Bantry Library Writer's Group meets on the second Saturday of each month from 10:30am-1pm. The group is currently facilitated by author Rosemary Canavan.
- Children's Storytelling takes place every Saturday at 11am, for children from 4-8 years old. Admission is free.
Education Prospectuses of all CAO-affiliated collages are available for consultation.