Applications for arts projects and activities that were be eligible for funding under the following grant assistance schemes in 2018 are now closed. Allocations can be seen here.
The Arts Scheme is operated by Cork County Council for the purposes of providing financial or other assistance to individuals and organisations engaged in the practice or promotion of the arts in Cork County. Grant assistance may be awarded where applications meet the artistic and financial requirements set down by Cork County Council. The principles governing the operation of the Arts Grants Scheme are set out in the 2003 Arts Act, which enables a Local Authority to make financial or other assistance available for the purposes of: (a) Stimulating public interest in the Arts, (b) Promoting knowledge, appreciation and promotion of the Arts, (c) Improving standards in the Arts.
In providing funding support under the Arts Grants Scheme our objectives are:
• To support the work of locally based Arts organisations
• To build new audiences for the Arts
• To support work of high artistic quality
• To encourage new and innovative arts projects
• To support the involvement of professional artists and organisations in community based arts projects
• To support the participation of all section of the community in the Arts
• To enhance quality of life for communities.
Cork County Council invites applications for arts projects and activities that may be eligible for funding under the following grant assistance schemes in 2018.
1. ARTS GRANT SCHEME - Guidelines and Application Form
2. ARTISTS IN SCHOOLS SCHEME - Guidelines and Application Form
3. IRISH LANGUAGE ARTS - Guidelines and Application Form
4. ARTISTS’ FUNDING SCHEMES (open to practicing artists only)
- ARTISTS’ CREATIVE BURSARY - Guidelines and Application Form
- INTERNATIONAL TOURING AND EXHIBITION - Guidelines and Application Form
- TYRONE GUTHRIE CENTRE BURSARY - Guidelines and Application Form
- BALLINGLEN ARTS FOUNDATION BURSARY - Guidelines and Application Form
The closing date for receipt of completed applications for all schemes is
Friday, 8th December 2017.
For any enquiries regarding applications contact:
The Arts Office,
Cork County Council,
Tel: 021 4346210
Cork County Council invites proposals for projects that can create new opportunities for communities to develop arts and cultural activity in local areas in County Cork.
The Creative Communities Scheme underpins Cork County Council’s commitment to the arts by supporting the development of partnership models of arts activity in each of Cork County’s eight Municipal District areas. The scheme will provide funding to enable community bodies, creative artists, local arts groups, and others to come together as local partnerships to plan and deliver an arts project that will achieve a significant, sustainable enhancement to cultural and social life in their area.
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for proposals for Creative Arts Projects that demonstrate how the creative sector and community are connected and working in partnership in their area.
- Innovative, well researched, creative programmes that will engage positively with people, by placing the arts and creativity at the centre of community life.
- Make best use of the artistic and creative resources in the community.
- Encourage creative leadership in the community
- Projects that will be examples of good practice in Public Engagement in the Arts from which other communities can learn.
What level of funding is available?
Funding up to a maximum of €15,000 for any one project per Municipal District
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday, June 23rd 2017
To download information and guidelines for the scheme, click here.
To download the Creative Communities 2017 application form, click here.