Aim: To develop new audiences for the Arts and, through provision of services, encourage active participation in the Arts in all sectors of the community.
- Artists in schools Scheme
- Artist-in-Residence in the Community
- Music Education Scheme
- Music, Drama and Dance Programming
- Voluntary Arts Training Programme
- Community Based Arts Development
- Youth Arts Development.
Aim: To place the Library as a centre of Arts and cultural activity in the community by providing a wide range of Arts activities, services, and events within the library environment, accessible by all members of the community.
- Arts Activities and events in Libraries
- Supporting Interest Groups: including Children's Book Clubs, Creative writers groups, Reading groups, Painting groups, and Gramophone circles
- Exhibition programme.
Aim: To assist and enable artists and Arts and community organisations create, develop, and deliver innovative creative work of outstanding quality for the purposes of:
- Stimulating public interest in the Arts
- Promoting knowledge, appreciation, and promotion of the Arts
- Improving standards in the Arts
- Arts Grant Scheme.
- Artist in Residence in Schools Grant.
- Artist Bursary Scheme.
- Tyrone Guthrie Centre Bursary.
- Ballinglen Foundation Bursary
Supporting the creative artist
Aim: To provide and develop measures to support the individual artist and the making of art.
This is done through the following;
- Bursary Schemes.
- Residency Projects.
- Purchase of work.
Aim: To support the development of the audio-visual sector in Cork. Cork County Council, in partnership with Cork City Council, have established Film in Cork to assist with the promotion of film-making opportunities for the Cork Region. Film in Cork has the following objectives:
- To support and promote the local film making sector
- To market Cork as a film production location
- To provide location services and on-call support to film production.
For further information contact Rossa Mullin at 086 3066900 or by email.
Aim: To support the formulation of Arts Policies by Cork County Council. This is done by:
- Providing advice to the Council on development issues relating to the Arts
- Supporting the policy development work of the Arts, Culture, and Languages Strategic Policy Committee (SPC)
- Carrying out research, as determined by the Council, the Arts, Culture, and Languages SPC, and others
- Providing reports and other factual data to the Council on the operation of the Council Arts Programme.
Aims: To provide and maintain an Arts information resource for County Cork. We also aim to advise and assist individuals and organisations in relation to the Arts.
- Publication of Artsnews, a weekly email arts newsletter
- Distribution of relevant information to interested parties
- Collate and provide information on artists and arts organisations in County Cork
- Provide an accessible advisory service on Arts matters.
Aim: to manage and support an ongoing commissioning programme for public spaces in County Cork.
- Management of Per Cent for Art Commissions on behalf of Council departments and Transport Infrastructure Ireland
- Advice to community organisations involved in public art projects
- Provision of information on commissions undertaken by Cork county Council
- Maintenance of the public art collection.
Aim: To build and conserve a collection of painting, print, photography, sculpture and other media of high artistic quality for the enjoyment of the public, members and staff of Cork County Council.