Motor Tax in Ireland is a charge imposed by the Irish Government on motor vehicles.  Some vehicles are exempt but all must display a current tax disc if used in a public place.  You can pay your motor tax through your local Motor Taxation Office or online at

Motor Tax Enquiry

Motor Tax rates can be found on the Motor Tax Online website.  
Motor Tax Arrears are charged:

  • If a month or more has lapsed between the expiry of your last tax disc or Statutory Off Road Declaration and the month in which you want to tax your vehicle.
  • If a month or more has lapsed since the month of purchase of a vehicle that did not have a current tax disc and no Statutory Off Road Declaration has been completed within 21 days of purchase.
  • If you purchase a vehicle in a category you are not entitled to (e.g. disabled/island/taxi) then arrears may be due if a month or more has lapsed from date of purchase even if the tax disc is still current for that category.

Motor Tax arrears are charged at 1/10th of the Annual Rate (disregard Cent)
An Arrears receipt is issued when arrears are paid.

RF100A – Motor Tax Renewal Form
RF105 – Transfer of Ownership to Motor Dealer
RF111 – Change of Particulars Form
RF111A – Goods Only Declaration Form
RF111B – Recovery Vehicle Declaration
RF120 – Refund of Motor Tax
RF134 – Replacement Documents Form
RF150 – Statutory off Road Declaration
RF200 – Transfer of Vehicle Registered prior to 01/01/1993
RF700 – Trade Licence Application Form
TF100 – Trailer/ Semi-Trailer
TF200 – Transfer of Trailer Ownership
TF300A – Weight Identification Certificate for a Type Approved/Imported Trailer
TF300B – Weight Identification Certificate for a Trailer outside of the Scope of Approval
Weighmaster’s Certificate
Island Vehicle Declaration

Youth & Community Bus Declaration


Irish Language Versions

RF100a - GDPR Foirm Athnuachana Motarchanach
RF105 -  GDPR Uineaireacht a aistriu le Motardheilealai
RF111 - GDPR Athru Sonrai
RF111A - GDPR Dearbhu Earrai Amhain
RF120 - GDPR Iarratas ar Aisioc Motorchanach
RF134 - GDPR Iarratas ar athsholathar doicimead
RF150 - GDPR Dearbhu um Neamhusaid Motarfheithicle
RF200 - GDPR Aistriu Uineireacht Fheicile
RF700 - GDPR Iarratas ar Cheadunas Tradala
TF100 - GDPR Ceadunu Leantora no Athru Mionsonrai
TF200 - GDPR Uineireacht Leantora a Aistriu
Dearbhu GDPR gur feithicil Oilean an Fheithicil

The following are currently not available in Irish versions


RF111B - Recovery Vehicle Declaration

TF300A - Trailer

TF300B - Trailer

Weighmaster's Certificate

Youth & Community Bus Declaration


The following are the options for renewing your motor tax:

  • Public Counter at the Motor Tax Office, Model Business Park, Model Farm Road, Cork.  Opening hours are 9:15am to 4:00pm sharp Monday to Friday (including lunchtime).  The office is closed on bank holidays and Good Friday.
  • Send by post to Motor Tax Office, Model Business Park, Model Farm Road, Cork T12 XP80
  • Renew over the phone at (021) 4544566.
  • Renew online here.

Vehicles that can be taxed Online:

  • Private cars
  • Motorcycles
  • Exempt Vehicles
  • Agriculture Tractors, Excavators/Diggers and Combine Harvesters
  • Dumpers, Off Road Dumpers and Forklifts
  • Hearses
  • Vintage/Veteran Vehicle

And the following renewals only subject to having a valid Certificate of Roadworthiness (CRW):

  • Goods Vehicles
  • General Haulage Tractors,
  • Motor Caravans
  • Mobile Machines
  • Recovery Vehicles

Renew online here.

If your tax class is not listed please contact the Motor Tax Office regarding taxing your vehicle:

Telephone No. (021) 4544566

Cork County Council has a dedicated Motor Tax Postal Unit which offers a quality postal service.  In 2018, 95% of correct applications were processed and returned on the day they were received.

Motor tax renewal form RF100B is issued by the Department of Transport, Tourism & Sport a number of weeks prior to the renewal date of motor tax.  A PREPAID envelope is provided with this for your convenience.

Remember to send:

  • Fully completed Motor Tax Form signed by the applicant.  There is no need to send NCT Certificate or Certificate of Roadworthiness.
  • Appropriate fee
  • Arrears are to be paid for any lapsed months since last taxing or date of sale.  Manual Renewal Form RF100A is to be completed in such cases. For Motor Tax Rates see Link
  • For the Applicant’s first time taxing of a goods vehicle that has a Gross Vehicle Weight of 3,500kg or less (light goods) we require a completed RF111A (Goods Only Declaration Form) and a Weight Docket for the Unladen Weight.  We also require an Insurance Certificate stating that the vehicle is insured for the carriage of goods in the course of a trade or business. The vehicle must also have a current Certificate of Roadworthiness (no need to send this with the application).
  • A change of ownership can be processed in conjunction with a tax application or a Statutory Off The Road Declaration.
  • If there is any Change of Particulars to be made an RF111 is required and the Registration Certificate should be sent so as to have the change updated and a new Certificate issued.

Payment Methods:

  • Credit / Debit Card
  • Money Order / Postal Order
  • Bank Draft
  • Cheque

Cheques/Postal Orders/Money Orders/Bank Drafts are to be made payable to Cork County Council and crossed to Motor Tax A/C.

Please give correct card number (this is normally sixteen digits in length), expiry date and cardholder signature if paying by card.

To facilitate people who wish to avail of the Motor Taxation online service, but do not have access to a computer or smartphone, Cork County Council have introduced a facility to tax vehicles by telephone.

You can phone Cork County Council at (021) 4544566 to avail of this service.

If there are no changes in particulars since last taxing then you can pay your motor tax over the phone if you are resident in Cork and have the following:

  • A Personal Access (PIN) number for the current year (this may be on your renewal notice/VRC).  You cannot tax your vehicle over the phone without this number.
  • Valid Insurance details.
  • You have a valid credit / debit card.

You should receive a tax disc in the post within 3-5 working days. 

For Motor Tax Online / Motor Tax Phone Service
For vehicle motor taxation renewals, your Personal Access Number (PIN) is as printed on your renewal notice.

This PIN number for the vehicle will remain the same unless the vehicle’s ownership is changed or until another VRC is issued for the vehicle. The PIN is the last 6 digits of the VRC number.  The VRC number is located above the harp on the first page of your VRC.

For brand new/imported vehicles the last six digits of the chassis number is the PIN to be used when the vehicle is being taxed online for the first time. Online Motor Tax

If you have a query in relation to PIN numbers you should contact the Department of Transport, Tourism & Sport at (0818) 411 412 or email

Applications for First time taxing of a Goods Vehicle can only be done through your local Motor Tax Office.  Submit Motor Tax Application form and relevant Fee.  Motor Tax Rates are charged based on the weight of the vehicle. 

For Motor Tax Rates see Link

Light Goods Vehicles (Gross Vehicle Weight of 3,500kgs or less) –Other Requirements:

  • A completed Form RF111A – Goods Declaration Form.
  • The applicant must provide an income tax registration number to confirm that he or she is registered for tax purposes.  All applicants must complete this form and be made aware that, if the vehicle is used in any private capacity, it must be taxed at the private rate.  The insurance certificate must state that the vehicle is covered for the carriage of goods in the course of a trade/business.
  • A weight docket may be required (see list of weighbridges below).
  • The vehicle must have a current Certificate of Roadworthiness (CRW) if the vehicle is over one year old.   Further information may be obtained from the Road Safety Authority (RSA).
  • The vehicle must be registered to a Cork address.

Heavy Goods Vehicles (Gross Vehicle Weight Over 3,500kgs):

  • • Weight Docket may be required (See list of weighbridges below)
  • • The vehicle must have a current Certificate of Roadworthiness (CRW) if the vehicle is over one year old. Further information may be obtained from the Road Safety Authority (RSA).
  • • The vehicle must be registered to a Cork address.

Renewal of (Light /Heavy) Goods Vehicle Tax – this can be done online at  or through your local Motor Taxation Office

Articulated Tractor Units

An articulated vehicle (i.e. vehicle and semi-trailer) is regarded as a single vehicle and motor tax is payable on the basis of the unladen weight of the tractor unit plus the unladen weight of the heaviest semi-trailer which will be used at any time during the period of the licence.  The vehicle must be weighed with the heaviest trailer attached.

Owner and Location of Weighbridges:

  • Cork City Council, Kennedy Quay, Cork City
  • Dairygold (formerly Ballyclough) Co-op, Coachford, Co. Cork
  • Dairygold (formerly Imokilly) Co-op, Mogeely, Midleton, Co. Cork
  • Dairygold (formerly Mitchelstown) Co-op, Clonmel Road, Mitchelstown, Co. Cork
  • Distillery Feeds, Lucey & O’Connell, Bandon, Co. Cork
  • Drinagh Co-op, Drinagh, Co. Cork
  • Lisavaird Co-op Creamery Ltd, Lisavaird, Co. Cork
  • North Cork Co-op Creameries, Kanturk, Co. Cork
  • Youghal Shipping & Storage Ltd, Green’s Quay, Youghal, Co. Cork

Approved Test Centres (ATC’s)
Information on goods vehicle testing and a list of ATC Centres can be found at

The Approved Test Centres (ATC’s) in Cork for Vehicle Conversions are as follows:

Approved Test Centre

Phone No

D. Dennehy Ltd, Carrigtwohill, Co Cork

(021) 4883300

Master Metering Ltd, T/A Midleton Commercial Vehicle Test Centre, Carrigshane, Midleton

(021) 4633077

Riverstick Motors Ltd, Riverstick, Co. Cork

(021) 4771362

Definition of Conversion in VRT legislation
“... means the modification of the vehicle in such manner that it no longer retains all of the characteristics  of the vehicle category under which it is certified for type approval purposes.”

Revenue Requirements
Revenue requires a completed Vehicle Owners Declaration of Conversion (Form VRTCONV) supported by a Suitably Qualified Individual (SQI) Declaration of Conversion (template VRTCONVSQI) to be sent to Revenue Commissioners, Central Vehicle Office, Rosslare Harbour, Co Wexford in certain circumstances where extra VRT may be payable.  See Forms for details.   They can be found on 
Following assessment the Central Vehicle Office will return a copy of the VRTCONV forms to the applicant, stamped to indicate it has been assessed.  The forms should then be included in the motor tax application to tax the converted vehicle along with

  • RF111 – Change of Particular Forms
  • Registration Certificate
  • And other documents as may be required for Tax Class being applied for

To Tax You will need the following:

  • Application Form fully completed and signed
  • Name of your Insurance Company, Policy Number and expiry date of Insurance.
  • The Correct Fee – Payment can be made by cheque (payable to Cork County Council), cash, postal order, money order, credit or debit card. Never send cash in the post.
  • Certificate of Roadworthiness (CRW) where applicable.

Motor Caravans must be tested on the fourth anniversary of first registration and every two years thereafter until the vehicle is ten years old after which annual testing applies.

Motor Caravans registered prior to 1980 are exempt from testing.

Further information on testing may be obtained from the Road Safety Authority (RSA).

The following vehicles are exempt from Motor Tax:

  • State Owned Vehicles
  • Diplomatic Vehicles
  • Vehicles exempted under the Disabled Drivers and Disabled Passengers (Tax Concessions) Regulations 1994 (S.I. No 353 of 1994)
  • Vehicles (including any cycle with an attachment for propelling it by mechanical power) not exceeding 400 kilograms in weight unladen adapted and used for invalids
  • Vehicles which are used exclusively for the transport (whether by carriage or traction) of lifeboats and their gear or any equipment for affording assistance towards the preservation of life and property in cases of ship-wreck and distress at sea.
  • Vehicles which are used exclusively for mountain and cave rescue purposes, vehicles which are used exclusively for underwater search and recovery purposes.
  • Vehicles which are used exclusively for the transport (whether by carriage or traction) of road construction machinery which is built in as part of such vehicle or otherwise permanently attached thereto, carries no load except articles or materials used for the purpose of the road construction machinery and is used for no purpose other than the construction or repair of roads
  • Refuse carts, sweeping machines or watering machines used exclusively for cleansing public streets and roads
  • Ambulances, road-rollers or fire engines
  • Vehicles kept by a local authority and used exclusively for the purpose of their fire brigade service

A vehicle is classed as a vintage/veteran vehicle when it is over 30 years old and a concessionary rate of motor tax applies. Motor Tax Rates

  • To change the tax class to Vintage/Veteran the owner should use the Change of Particulars form RF111 when applying for tax and submit it with the Registration (Log) Book to the local Motor Taxation Office.

Where the vehicle has been acquired without the appropriate registration documentation the new owners should:

  • Submit a completed Statutory Declaration by Person Acquiring Motor Vehicle. This form can be obtained by contacting the local Motor Tax and,
  • Complete an RF134 application and submit with €12.00 fee for a replacement Registration (Log) Book.

If the Motor Tax Offices is unable to trace any details of the vehicle from the National Vehicle Computer System and Archives the vehicle will have to be re-registered with NCT and get a new Registration No. 

Any queries please contact the Motor Tax Office on (021) 4544566.

The onus is on the seller to ensure that all paperwork is properly completed and sent to the appropriate office.

  • Vehicles registered after 1st January 1993

If your vehicle was registered after 1st January 1993 you must complete the change of ownership section of your Vehicle Registration Certificate (VRC) or Vehicle Licensing Certificate (VLC) for the vehicle.  This is to be sent to Vehicle Registration Unit, Shannon, Co. Clare).  The new owner will receive a VRC in his/her name in due course.

  • Vehicles registered before 1st January 1993

If your vehicle was registered before 1st January 1993 you should complete a Change of Ownership Form (RF200) and submit it to your local Motor Tax Office.  You should make sure it is signed by the seller and the buyer and that the Date of Sale is clearly indicated.  Record the name and address of the new owner on the Registration (Log) Book and enclose it with the RF200.  

  • Transfer of Vehicle Ownership to a Motor Dealer

For vehicles registered after 1st January 1993 Form RF105 must be completed by both buyer and seller  and forwarded to the Vehicle Registration Unit, Shannon, Co. Clare.

For vehicles registered before 1st January 1993 complete RF200 with the Motor Dealer.  Retain Part C of the RF200

In both cases the VRC/VLC/Log Book is given to the Motor Dealer.

  • Current Owner Deceased

Where the seller is deceased, a letter from the Executor of Will or Solicitor showing the buyers right to the vehicle should accompany the VRC/VLC (to Shannon)/Registration (log) Book (to Motor Tax Office)

Where the VRC/VLC/Registration (log) Book is unavailable or cannot be produced, a declaration may be made by the person acquiring the vehicle (obtainable from Vehicle Registration Unit, Shannon/ Motor Tax Office) sworn before a Commissioner of Oaths or a Practising Solicitor.  The Statutory Declaration must also be accompanied by the aforementioned letter from Executor of Will or Solicitor.

  • Vehicle Never Taxed Before

When a new vehicle is taxed for the first time a Vehicle Registration Certificate is issued to the Registered Owner from the Vehicle Registration Unit, Shannon, Co. Clare. 

To change ownership of a vehicle that has never been taxed (i.e. no Registration Certificate/ Registration (Log) Book send notice of transfer signed by the buyer and the seller agreeing a date of sale to the appropriate office.   This notice should include Vehicle Registration Number, Vehicle Chassis Number (VIN), name and address of current owner and new owner. 

For Post 1993 registered vehicles send to Vehicle Registration Unit, Shannon, Co. Clare.  For Pre 1993 registered vehicles send the notice to the Motor Tax Office (Form RF200 can be used).   If the Change of ownership is being done in conjunction with taxing the vehicle the notification of transfer for all vehicles can be submitted to the Motor Tax Office for processing with the Tax Application.

VRC/VLC (Post 1993 Registered Vehicles)

Please tick the relevant section (Change of Surname/Change of Address) on your Vehicle Registration Certificate (VRC) and send it to the Vehicle Registration Unit, Driver and Vehicle Computer Services Division, Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport, Shannon Town Centre, Shannon, Co. Clare V14P298 with the correct details.  A new VRC with your updated details will be posted back to you.

Vehicle Registration (Log) Book Holders  (Pre 1993 Registered Vehicles)
If you hold a Vehicle Registration (Log) Book for your vehicle, record the updated details on the Registration (Log) Book and send it to your local Motor Tax Office together with RF111.  Your details will then be updated on the computer records and the Registration (Log) Book endorsed and returned to you.

You can change your address online but only as part of an online motor tax transaction.  You cannot change your address by phone or email.

All applications for lost documents must be made by the Registered Owner to the Motor Tax Office.

The applicant must complete Form RF134 declaring what documents were lost and have this form witnessed and stamped by a member of An Garda Siochana.

The fees (payable to Cork County Council) are as follows:

  • Replacement Tax Disc – €6.00
  • Registration (Log) Book /Registration Certificate – €12.00
  • Trailer Licence Card – €6.00

The procedure for making a Statutory Declaration of non- use of a vehicle since 2013 is as follows:

  • If your vehicle is not going to be used or kept in a public place, you will be able to declare it off the road by completing Form RF150 and submitting it to your local Motor Tax Office.  Alternatively, you can declare your vehicle off the road at if you know your Personal Access Number (PIN).
  • You must make your declaration of non-use in advance i.e. in the month of expiry of your current motor tax disc or in the month of expiry of your current non-use declaration.
  • If you have just bought a new or imported vehicle or have just acquired a second hand vehicle and you do not intend to use it immediately, you have 21 days from the date of purchase to furnish a declaration of non-use.  In the case of acquiring a second hand vehicle make sure you inform the seller that you are intending to declare the vehicle off the road so that the Change of Ownership is notified to the appropriate office immediately.
  • The Declaration of Non Use application cannot be accepted if it is submitted late or if arrears are owed.  The arrears will have to be paid and the vehicle taxed for a minimum of three months before a declaration of non-use can be accepted.
  • A declaration of non-use can be made for a minimum of 3 calendar months and a maximum of 12 calendar months.  You cannot declare a vehicle off the road for either one or two months.   The Declaration is for full calendar months starting on the first day of a month and ending on the last day of a month. 
  • Confirmation will issue for each correctly completed Declaration either by post or on the spot if the Declaration is submitted in person at the local Motor Tax Office.
  • You can cancel the SORD at any time by renewing the tax in your local motor tax office -  the validity of the tax disc will commence from the first day of the month in which you tax the vehicle.
  • A SORD is automatically cancelled when a vehicle is sold.

All Heavy Goods Trailers (including semi-trailers) having a permissible maximum weight exceeding 3,500kg are required to be registered at the Motor Tax Office including brand new and imported trailers.

From 29th October 2012 onwards certain categories of Heavy Goods Trailers must be accompanied by a Type Approval Certificate in order to be licensed for the first time in Ireland. (Form TF300A Weight Identification Certificate for Type Approved/Imported Trailer/ Semi-Trailer)

  • Complete trailer manufactured in one single stage by a single manufacturer on or after 29th October 2012
  • Completed trailer manufactured in more than one stage ie by more than one manufacturer on or after 29th October 2013
  • Special Purpose trailer manufactured on or after 29th October 2014

Trailers manufacture prior to 29th October 2012 and Heavy goods Trailers which are designed to be towed exclusively by agricultural tractors and trailers which are designed and constructed exclusively for use by the Defence Forces, Civil Defence, Garda Síochána or Fire Services are exempt from the requirement to have a Type Approval Certificate regardless of their date of manufacture. (Form TF300B Weight Identification Certificate for a Trailer outside the Scope of Type Approval)

To Apply for a First Licence you will need:

  • Completed TF100
  • TF300A or TF300B (further details of what may need to be submitted is on the application form)
  • Fee of €60.00 made payable to Cork County Council

There is also a legal requirement to license trailers annually at the Motor Tax Office.  There is no fee charged for this.  (Form TF100 – used for the registration and licensing of trailers/semi trailers).

All Trailers over one year old must hold a current Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness Certificate.

Change of Ownership of a Trailer
It is important to remember that the onus is always on the seller to ensure that the Change of Ownership notification is completed correctly and submitted without delay to the Motor Tax Office. The following is to be submitted:

  • TF200 – This form should be signed by both the buyer and the seller of the Trailer.
  • TF5 – Trailer Card.

Change of Particulars of a Trailer

  • The following is to be submitted:
  • TF100
  • TF5 – Trailer Card.

For update of VIN/Chassis Number to full number we will also need certification from the Approved Test Centre issuing the Pass Statement and CRW.

Scrapped/Destroyed Trailer

Return TF5 Trailer Licence Card to Motor Tax Office together with notice of scrappage/destruction.

Export of Trailer

Notify Motor Tax Office of intention to Export and Country of Export

  • TF200
  • TF5 – Trailer Card.

Contact the Motor Tax Office for further assistance if required. (021) 4544566.

Trade plates are special registration plates obtainable only by motor traders.  The uses of these plates by motor traders are restricted to prescribed uses in connection with the motor trade.  Trade Licences (Plates) expire on the last day of the year in which they were issued, irrespective of the date during the year on which they were issued.

You will need to ensure that you have a Garage Code issued by the Vehicle Registration Unit (see below).  Having obtained the Garage Code you will then need to submit the following to your local Motor Taxation Office:

  • A fully completed and signed Trade Licence Application Form RF700
  • Written evidence of registration for Value Added Tax (VAT) number or, in a case where the turnover does not exceed the minimum amount required for VAT registration, the Personal Public Service Number (PPSN) of the applicant.
  • Written evidence of valuation for Rating Purposes of the applicants premises or, if the premises are new and not yet valued, evidence of Planning Permission.
  • Current Certificate of Insurance under the Road Traffic Act 1961 (as amended), appropriate to a Motor Trader.
  • Correct Fee for Trade Plate is as follows:


Motor Cycle Trade Plate

€59 (single plate)

€38 (replacement)

All Other Vehicles Trade Plates

€353 (pair)

€86 (replacement)


Obtaining a Garage Code

If you need to apply for a Garage Code, you should contact the following:

Vehicle Registration Unit,
Driver and Vehicle Computer Services Division,
Department of Transport,
Tourism and Sport,
Shannon Town Centre,
Co. Clare

Telephone: 0818 411 412

All refund applications must be made on Form RF120 and stamped at your local Garda Station.  This Form should be accompanied by surrendered tax disc.  There should be three months unexpired tax left on the disc on surrender. 

A vehicle unused since the issue of a tax disc will only qualify for a refund if the disc is surrendered immediately after issue.  

A vehicle being “off the road” does not qualify for a refund. 

  • Tax disc – if this is missing Form RF134 also needs to be signed and stamped at your local Garda Station.
  • Vehicle Licensing Certificate (VLC)/Vehicle Registration Certificate (VRC) or Log Book unless the vehicle has already been scrapped.  If this document is missing then Form RF134 also needs to be signed and stamped at your local Garda Station.

Examples of supporting Documentation for Refund


  • Certificate of Destruction from an Authorised Treatment Facility (ATF) must be presented for scrapped vehicle refund.  Otherwise a letter from Insurance Company, on headed paper, stating that the vehicle was a Category A or B “write-off”.  Category C “write-offs” do not qualify.
  • Garda Report – this is required where the vehicle has been stolen.
  • Exportation Documents – For vehicles sent permanently out of the state, proof of export is needed.  This should state date and vehicle registration/ re-registration and country of export.
  • Medical Certificate of Illness – A medical certificate of illness from a doctor is required to cover the period of non-use due to illness/injury.
  • Letter from Defence Forces/Employer/College – This should state dates of absence from the State.

Regulations introduced since 1st January 2007 in relation to End-of-Life-Vehicles place obligations on producers (manufacturers/importers), dismantlers/vehicle scrap facilities and car owners to ensure vehicles are de-polluted and dismantled in a manner that doesn’t pose a threat to our environment or to human health.

Passenger Cars and Light Commercial Vehicles (DGVW 3,500 kgs or less) which are intended to be destroyed must be deposited at an Authorised Treatment Facility (ATF).   Vehicles are to be taken free of charge by the ATF and they will issue you with a Certificate of Destruction that will confirm that your vehicle is being de-polluted and dismantled in an environmentally safe manner.  The ATF will then notify the Vehicle Registration Unit of the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport in Shannon, Co. Clare and the destruction of your vehicle will be noted in the records of the National Vehicle File.  The only document you need to give the ATF is the Vehicle Registration Certificate (VRC) or the Registration (Log) Book for the vehicle being disposed.

You should only deal with a properly permitted ATF when getting rid of your old vehicle as these are the only ones that can issue Certificates of Destruction. (details of ATF’s in Cork are as follows)








Kevin Barry

086 8202212

Cleary Road, Gortroe, Youghal

08.00-18.00 M-F 08.00-14.00 S


John A O'Sullivan t/a John A O'Sullivan Car Dismantlers

029 70693

Ballydaly, Millstreet

08.00-18-00 M-F S


William & Killian Swayne

024 98296

Clonpriest West, Youghal

08.00-18.00 M-F 08.00-14.00 S


Southern Truck Recycling Co Ltd, t/a STR Truck Spares

025 84162

Cloughleafin, Mitchelstown

07.00-19.00 M-F 08.00-17.00 S


Michael Fenton

021 4381012

Sluggera Cross, Whitechurch

09.00-18.00 M-F 09.00-14.00 S


AOC Services Ltd., t/a AOC Commericals

021 4883322

Springhill, Carrigtowhill

08.30-18.00 M-F 09.00-18.00 S


Vincent O'Callaghan

063 81769

087 2593535

New Line, Rathgoggin Middle, Charleville

09.00-18.00 M-S


Robert Bennett

023 8846133

087 2497041

Cullenagh, Courtmacsherry, Bandon

09.00-18.00 M-S


Junction Transport Ltd

087 2591249

Gortnapeasty, Clondrohid

09.00-18.00 M-F 09.00-14.00 S


Cork Metal Co Ltd

021 4309910

Dublin Hill

08.00-18.00 M-F 08.00-14.00 S


Thomas, Michael, Joan & Paul Rigney, t/a Rigney Bros

021 4668222


09.00-18.00 M-S


Pouladuff Dismantlers Cork Ltd

021 4311031

Forge Hill, Airport Road

09.00-17.30 M-S


Tanner Brothers Ltd

058 59112

Aghern, Conna

09-00-18.00 M-F 09.00-12.00 S


Aidan Buckley

021 4303636 

086 2656361

Rathpeacon, Mallow Road

09-00-17.50 M-F 09.00-13.00 S


Frank Smyth & Sons Ltd

022 20231

Killetra, Mallow

09.00-18.00 M-F 09.00-13.00 S


Martin McCarthy

021 4889235

Scartbarry, Watergrasshill

09.00-18.00 M-F 09.00-16.00 S


Tim Fitzpatrick

028 34513

Carhuagariff, Leap

09.00-18.00 M-S


Joe O'Sullivan

029 78031

087 2571814

Cloonbannin West, Dernagree

09.00-18.00 M-F 09.00-14.00 S


John Keohane

021 4311814 

086 8719789

Rathmacullig East, Ballygarvan

09.00-18.00 M-F 09.00-13.00 S


Godfrey Kirby

021 4632790

Ballynacorra, Midleton

09.00-18.00 M-F 09.00-14.00 S


Sean O'Brien aka John O'Brien, t/a Cork Car Dismantlers

021 7338005

Newcestown, Bandon

10.00-18.00 M-F 10.00-14.00 S


Andrew O'Connor

087 2772678

Ballynamone, Mallow

08.00-17.30 M-F 08.00-14.00 S


Martin O'Sullivan

021 7889111

Rathfilode, Watergrasshill

08.00-18.00 M-S


Finbarr Coffey

023 8839391

Lisnacunna, Enniskeane

09.00-18.00 M-F 09.00-14.00 S


Bantry Skip Hire Ltd

027 55923

Dunbittern East, Bantry

08.00-18.00 M-F 08.00-14.00 S


The Hammond Lane Metal Company Ltd

021 4378014


08:00 - 16:00 M-T 08:00 - 15:00 F 08:00 - 12:00 S


O'Leary Garage & Recovery

087 4162052

Kilnahulla More, Boherbue

08:30 - 17:30 M-F


National Recycling Company Ltd

021 4305060

John F Connolly Road, Churchfield, Cork

09.00-18.00 M-F 09.00-14.00 S



For vehicles which are not subject to the requirements of the Waste Management (End of Life) Regulations 2006 i.e. vehicles DGVW over 3,500kgs) you should send notice of the scrappage/destruction of the vehicle to:

  • Vehicle Registration Unit, Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport, Shannon, Co. Clare together  with the Registration/Licensing Certificate for the vehicle.   The vehicle will be recorded as scrapped on the National Vehicle File.  (Post 1993 Registered vehicles)
  • The Motor Tax Office together with the Registration (Log) Books.  The vehicle will be recorded as scrapped on the National Vehicle File. (Pre 1993 Registered Vehicles)

The National Car Test (NCT) was introduced on 4th January 2000 as part of an EU Directive that makes car testing compulsory in all member states. It is an offence to drive a car that is liable for testing without displaying a National Car Testing Service disc.  Since 2000 onwards, all cars 4 years and over are tested.  Vehicles that pass the test will have to undergo repeat tests every 2 years. Since June 2011, cars over 10 years old are tested each year.

Having a valid NCT is not a requirement when making a tax application.

You can replace your lost NCT Certificate/NCT Disc for a fee of €15.50 (correct at Nov 2017) once you complete an RF134 Form (stating document required) and have it signed and stamped at a Garda Station.  Send this form, and fee (bank draft/postal order) payable to Applus Car Testing Service Ltd to:

Test Certificate Administrator,
NCTS, Lakedrive 3026,
Citywest Business Campus,
Naas Road,
Dublin 24

An RF134 Form is not required for a replacement NCT Report – a letter to the above address enclosing the above fee will suffice.

For further information, such as a list of test centres or booking a test - National Car Testing Services (NCTS) Ltd homepage is You can also phone (01) 4135994 or email

Disabled Drivers and Passengers Information

The Disabled Drivers and Passengers Scheme provide a range of tax reliefs linked to the purchase and use of vehicles by disabled drivers and disabled passengers in Ireland.

An application form is available from the

Office of the Revenue Commissioners,
Disabled Persons Section,
Central Repayments Office,
M: TEK II Building,
Armagh Road,

Phone 1890 606061 or email using myaccount on

Disabled Persons Parking Card

This Card (with the EU logo) is for people with disabilities, whether they are drivers or passengers, it allows them to park in designated areas.

Further information is available from:

Irish Wheelchair Association,
National Mobility Centre,
Ballinagappa Road,
Co. Kildare. 

Contact phone number is (045) 893094

Disabled Drivers Association of Ireland,
Co. Mayo. 

Contact phone numbers are (094) 9364266 and (094) 9364054

Driving Licences and Learner Permits are no longer issued by Cork County Council.  Any application received by Cork Motor Tax will be returned directly to the sender.

All applications are now dealt with by the National Driving Licence Service (NDLS).  The NDLS can be contacted at (0761) 087880 or at

NDLS Offices in Cork are located at


  • Commercial Unit 1, Copley Hall, Cotter's Street, off Copley Street, Cork City
  • 1st Floor, Cork Co-operative Marts, Marsh Road, Skibbereen, Co. Cork
  • 2nd Floor, 17 Market Square, Mallow, Co. Cork

Motor Tax Office,
Model Business Park,
Model Farm Road,
T12 XP80
Telephone: (021) 4544566

Vehicle Registration Unit,
Department of Transport, Tourism & Sport,
Co. Clare
Telephone: (0818) 411 412

Cork Vehicle Registration Office,
Revenue House,
Assumption Road,
Telephone: (021) 602 7000

Cork Vehicle Registration Office (Bantry),
Marina House,
Co. Cork
Telephone: (027) 53210

National Driver Licence Service
Telephone: (0761) 087880

Driver Testing Section,
Road Safety Authority,
Moy Valley Business Park,
Primrose Hill,
Co. Mayo
F26 V6E4
Telephone: (1890) 406040

Office of the Revenue Commissioners,
Disabled Persons Section,
Central Repayments Office,
M: TEK II Building,
Armagh Road,
Phone 1890 606061 or email using myaccount on


Irish Wheelchair Association,
National Mobility Centre,
Ballinagappa Road,
Co. Kildare. 
Contact phone number is (045) 893094

Disabled Drivers Association of Ireland,
Co. Mayo. 
Contact phone numbers are (094) 9364266 and (094) 9364054
National Car Test Phone Numbers
Bookings:    (01) 4135992
Customer Enquiries:  (01) 4135994
VRT Bookings:   (01) 4135975
Test Integrity:   (01) 6309319
Taxi Booking:   (01) 4135960

Cork City & County Archives,
Seamus Murphy Building,
32 Great William O’Brien Street
Telephone: ( 021) 4505886

Sorry we are currently compiling a list of frequently asked questions based on customer feedback and will have said questions shortly.

Contact Us

Motor Tax Office, Model Business Park, Model Farm Road, Cork