New Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan
The Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan is a new Government backed mortgage for first time buyers. It is available nationwide from all local authorities from 1st February 2018.
As a first time buyer you can apply for a Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan to purchase a new or second-hand property, or to build your own home.
The loan is a normal Capital and Interest-bearing mortgage which is repaid by direct debit on a monthly basis.
You can borrow up to 90% of the market value of the property.
Maximum market values of the property that can be purchased or self-built are:
- €320,000 in the counties Cork, Dublin, Galway, Kildare, Louth, Meath and Wicklow, and
- €250,000 in the rest of the country.
A Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan offers three rate products:
- 2% fixed for up to 25 years (APR 2.02%)
- 2.25% fixed for up to 30 years (APR 2.27%)
- 2.30% variable (subject to fluctuation) for up to 30 years (APR 2.32%)
A website has been set up which gives full background on scheme and has list of FAQ. – www.rebuildingirelandhomeloan.ie
A National Help Desk has been set up to answer queries in relation to the scheme and their contact number is 051-349720 (8.00a.m. – 5.00p.m.)
Cork County Council has introduced a process called the Mortgage Arrears Resolution Process (MARP) to help support borrowers who are in difficulty with their mortgage payments.
- If you are currently in arrears or at risk of going into arrears, please contact us. We have a dedicated Mortgage Arrears Team who will discuss your individual situation and explore various options with you, with a view to arranging an alternative payment option that is suitable to both you and Cork County Council.
- In order to assess your individual situation and arrive at the best payment option for you, you need to set out your weekly income and expenditure in a form called a Standard Financial Statement (SFS) which should be completed fully and needs to be accompanied by relevant documentation; such as 3 pay slips, 3 social welfare slips, 6 months bank statements, statements from any other loans you may have, etc.
- Once this documentation is completed in full and submitted, you will be contacted by a member of the Mortgage Arrears Team from our Housing Loans Collection Section to discuss your situation and Housing Loan in more detail.
- If you require other information regarding your monthly mortgage repayment, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 021-4285262.