- From Tuesday 11th May 2021, Cork County Council Branch Libraries will re-open for browsing and “contact and collect” for users that prefer that option. Protective measures will be in place across library branches, including social distancing and hand sanitization. Please note that seating will not be available in the library branches. There will be no access to PC’s, but members of the public have the option of remote ordering printed materials which can then be collected in branch.
Online Library Services will continue to be available. The Housebound Book Delivery Service will also be available on request for priority cases only, e.g. vulnerable persons and those with specific medical needs.
Mobile Library Services will resume on a phased basis in the coming weeks.
- Michael Collins House, Skibbereen Heritage Centre and St Mary’s Collegiate Church in Youghal will all reopen, with protective measures in place.
- Kinsale Museum will remain closed.
- As guided tours are not currently permitted, Spike Island and Youghal Clock Gate will not be in a position to reopen until a later date.
- Public toilets, Playgrounds, Multi Use Games Areas and Outdoor Gyms remain open.
- From 7th June 2021, Swimming Pools are to re-open for individual training use only.
Cork County Council continues to maintain continuity of service in so far as is practical and safe for our staff and members of the public in line with the recommendations of Government.
Over 120 Council services can be accessed online at www.YourCouncil.ie and Cork County Council is asking members of the public to avail of these services in the interests of public health.
In addition to Cork County Council’s regular service offerings, the Community Support Programme will continue to be available to members of the public required to isolate or cocoon. The Community Support Programme can be contacted for free on 1800 805 819, from 9am to 5pm, seven days a week. Those calling from outside of Ireland seeking assistance for a relative or friend in Cork County should call +353 21 4285517. The Service is also contactable by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and by text to (085) 8709010.
General information Cork County Council services can be found by throughout this website or you can visit our Customer Service Portal, YourCouncil.ie to access online services. Queries will continue to be taken by telephone on 021 4276891, by post and by email. A full list of contact details are also available.
Further updates will issue across Cork County Council’s social media accounts.