The summertime opening hours for the Dursey Island Cable Car have commenced Monday 26th April 2021.
The Dursey Island Cable Car is open 7 days a week:
09:30 – 13:00
13:30 – 19:30
The following rules are in place:
- Anyone with symptoms, has had contact with a suspect or confirmed case or has travelled from a foreign country within the previous 14 days should not travel on the cable car.
- There is a one-way system on the mainland for entering and exiting the cable car.
- Barriers are in place on the island side to segregate those waiting and those arriving.
- The wearing of face masks/coverings is compulsory, there will be no exceptions. If a person on the cable car is not wearing a mask, the cable car will not depart. Face masks are not available for purchase at the cable car office; therefore, you must bring your own.
- Observe Social distancing when queuing at the ticket office and when waiting for the cable car.
- Due to the need for physical distancing the number of people allowed to travel on the cable car is restricted to 4 per trip. This rises to a maximum of 6 if all persons are from the same travelling family/group.
- Standard hand hygiene, sneezing and coughing protocols should be adhered to.
- As space on the cable car is limited, visitors are advised to arrive as early as possible to avoid disappointment. At times of exceptional demand, the queues are very long. The same applies when leaving the island.
- Island residents have priority boarding for the cable car.
- There is no pre-booking system in operation, the cable car operates on a first-come first-served basis.
- Tickets are sold for cash only, there is no card payment available. Where possible, please give the exact amount to minimise the exchange of money.
- All visitors to the island should be prepared for wet weather.
- As space is limited on the cable car and demand is usually high the transportation of bicycles is strictly at the discretion of the cable car operator.
Public Notices or News