To all ship owners, shipmasters, agents, fishing vessels, pleasure craft users, seafarers, fishery organisations and general port users.
Keelbeg Pier, Union Hall, Glandore Harbour Port Closure
Mariners and general port users are advised that, in order to facilitate the lifting of a sunken vessel, Keelbeg Pier, Glandore Harbour will
be closed to all port operations for a period of up to 7 days starting from approximately 16th May 2022. 3 days’ notice will be given ahead of the exact commencement date.
The following restrictions will apply for the period:
- Berthing will not be allowed on Keelbeg Pier (including the Old Pier) and all vessels will have to clear the area
- Access to parts of Keelbeg pier (see Figure 1) will not be permitted to port users or members of the public
- Access to the remainder of Keelbeg Pier (including the old pier) will be restricted
- Within Glandore Harbour, West of Longitude 009°07.43’W, (see figure 2). All vessel movements (including anchoring) will be restricted and all movements must be authorised in advance by the Harbour Master.
- All vessels within Glandore harbour must monitor VHF Channel 14.
Julian Renault, Máistir Cuain Sinsearach, Snr Harbour Master.
See 'ADDITIONAL NEWS DOCUMENTS' section below for notice and maps.