PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000 (as amended) - Part XI
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001 (as amended) - Part 8
Notice is hereby given, pursuant to the provisions of Part XI, Section 179 of the Planning & Development Act, 2000 (as amended) and in accordance with the requirements of Part 8, Article 81 and Article 83 of the Planning & Development Regulations, 2001 (as amended) that Cork County Council proposes to carry out the following development:
Project Title: R613 Balygarvan Trafic Calming Scheme (TCS)
R613 Ballygarvan Traffic Calming Scheme (TCS), Ballygarvan, Co. Cork
Project Area - Townlands:
Ballygarvan, Ballyduhig South.
NATURE & EXTENT OF DEVELOPMENT
An overview of the proposed development includes the following elements:
- Alterations to existing footpaths & construction of new linking footpaths, installation of concrete buildouts.
- Installation of a new raised table and a new controlled pedestrian crossing, speed ramps on R613 on exits from the village.
- Installation of new road markings and signage.
- Alterations to existing storm drainage and construction of a new drainage.
- Alterations to the existing Ballygarvan Bridge including:
- Extension of the bridge to the southern side to accommodate new footpath [extension to bridge of approx 2.0m]
- Construction of new bridge retaining wall approx. 20m in length, to allow for the footpath upgrade on the southern side
- Riverbed, Embankment & Masonry repairs.
- Trimming of existing vegetation to improve visibility sightlines & all ancillary works required to deliver the proposed upgrade works.
- Works will be carried out within existing roads extents owned by Cork County Council and lands acquired from private landowners.
LOCATIONS and OFFICES AT WHICH PLANS AND PARTICULARS MAY BE INSPECTED
- The proposed scheme plans and particulars are available to view in the Document Summary section below.
Documents are also available on public display at:
- County Hall foyer, Carrigrohane Road, Cork, T12 R2NC.
- Carrigaline Municipal District Office, Church Road, Carrigaline, Co Cork, P43 E281.
Alternatively, a hard copy of the documents will be posted on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to: Senior Engineer, Cork County Council, Regional & Local Roads Design Office, Floor 3, County Library Building, Carrigrohane Road, Cork, T12 K335.
Plans and Particulars of the proposed development may be inspected below or at the locations detailed above, subject to COVID-19 travel restrictions (if applicable), from Friday, 24th June 2022 until Friday, 22nd July 2022.
Submissions or Observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development will be situated, may be made using the online submission form on www.yourcouncil.ie or, in writing to Senior Engineer, Cork County Council, Regional & Local Roads Design Office, Floor 3, County Library Building, Carrigrohane Road, Cork, T12 K335 or emailed to email@example.com and must reach the Senior Engineer on or before 4pm on Friday, 12th August 2022.
As per Article 81 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended) an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) screening determination has been made and a determination has been made that an EIA Report is not required. In accordance with Article 120 (3), as amended by S.I. No. 296 of 2018, a person may, within 4 weeks from the date of this notice (on or before Friday, 22nd July 2022), apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment. Such a submission should be addressed to the Secretary, An Bord Pleanála, 64, Marlborough Street, Dublin, 1.
All submissions or observations should be clearly marked:
- Project Title: “R613 Ballygarvan Traffic Calming Scheme (TCS)”.