Cork County Council administers the Individual Domestic Well Grants and the Group Water Supply Schemes.
The objective of the grant scheme is to assist householders dependent on individual private water supplies. It provides grant assistance where expenditure is incurred on providing a piped supply of water for domestic purposes or rectifying serious deficiencies in an existing supply of water for domestic purposes.
You are eligible to apply for grant assistance if:
- Your house is over 7 years old
- You have not received grant assistance for Domestic Water Supply within the last 7 years
- You are not connected to a public water supply or cannot be reasonably served by a public or group water supply scheme source.
Grant funding to a maximum of € 2,031.58 or 75% of the approved cost whichever is lesser; will be provided under the scheme.
Applications for the grant should be made to Cork County Council, by reviewing the Explanatory Memorandum for the Domestic Well Grants Scheme and then proceed with one of the following to options:
If you wish to complete and submit an on-line application, please click here.
If you wish to complete the form, print it out and post it, please click here.
Your application should include the following:
- A fully completed Domestic Well Grant Application form (WG1)
- A copy of an Ordnance Survey site location map
- An official quote from your proposed C2/tax clearance registered contractor, with a full breakdown of costs for the proposed work.
Once you have completed your application form, please send it, along with the relevant supporting documentation to:
Domestic Well Grant section
Water Services -Finance & Administration
Cork County Council
Upon completion of the Domestic Well Grant (WG1) form, an Engineer will contact you and arrange an initial inspection date.