The Department of Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs, Heather Humphreys TD, has submitted to the Joint Oireachtas Committee on Arts, the draft Framework Policy for Culture 2025/Éire Ildánach.
Under 7 key pillars, the Framework Policy document sets out a series of priority measures for implementation across Government and public bodies, including:
- Examining the systems and structures that support arts and culture
- Increasing citizen participation in the arts
- Progressively increasing funding to arts and culture as the economy improves, in line with the commitment in the Programme for a Partnership Government
- Consideration of how to encourage non-Governmental funding support
- Examining existing systems to ensure that more people can follow a sustainable career path in the cultural and heritage sectors
- Improving collaboration within the cultural sector and between the cultural sector and wider civil society
- Building on support for Irish culture on the world stage
- Consideration of how cultural exchange can help build and maintain strong connections on the island of Ireland and between Britain and Ireland.