Culture 2025 – Éire Ildánach
The Department of Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs, Heather Humphreys TD, has submitted to the Joint Oireachtas Committee on Arts, the draft Framework Policy for Culture 2025/Éire Ildánach.
Under 7 key pillars, the Framework Policy document sets out a series of priority measures for implementation across Government and public bodies, including:
- Examining the systems and structures that support arts and culture
- Increasing citizen participation in the arts
- Progressively increasing funding to arts and culture as the economy improves, in line with the commitment in the Programme for a Partnership Government
- Consideration of how to encourage non-Governmental funding support
- Examining existing systems to ensure that more people can follow a sustainable career path in the cultural and heritage sectors
- Improving collaboration within the cultural sector and between the cultural sector and wider civil society
- Building on support for Irish culture on the world stage
- Consideration of how cultural exchange can help build and maintain strong connections on the island of Ireland and between Britain and Ireland.