Applications for First time taxing of a Goods Vehicle can only be done through your local Motor Tax Office. Submit Motor Tax Application form and relevant Fee. Motor Tax Rates are charged based on the weight of the vehicle.
For Motor Tax Rates see Link
Light Goods Vehicles (Gross Vehicle Weight of 3,500kgs or less) –Other Requirements:
- A completed Form RF111A (pdf) – Goods Declaration Form.
- The applicant must provide an income tax registration number to confirm that he or she is registered for tax purposes. All applicants must complete this form and be made aware that, if the vehicle is used in any private capacity, it must be taxed at the private rate. The insurance certificate must state that the vehicle is covered for the carriage of goods in the course of a trade/business.
- A weight docket may be required (see list of weighbridges below).
- The vehicle must have a current Certificate of Roadworthiness (CRW) if the vehicle is over one year old. Further information may be obtained from the Road Safety Authority (RSA).
- The vehicle must be registered to a Cork address.
Heavy Goods Vehicles (Gross Vehicle Weight Over 3,500kgs):
- • Weight Docket may be required (See list of weighbridges below)
- • The vehicle must have a current Certificate of Roadworthiness (CRW) if the vehicle is over one year old. Further information may be obtained from the Road Safety Authority (RSA).
- • The vehicle must be registered to a Cork address.
Renewal of (Light /Heavy) Goods Vehicle Tax
This can be done online at www.motortax.ie or through your local Motor Taxation Office
Articulated Tractor Units
An articulated vehicle (i.e. vehicle and semi-trailer) is regarded as a single vehicle and motor tax is payable on the basis of the unladen weight of the tractor unit plus the unladen weight of the heaviest semi-trailer which will be used at any time during the period of the licence. The vehicle must be weighed with the heaviest trailer attached.
Owner and Location of Weighbridges:
- Cork City Council, Kennedy Quay, Cork City
- Dairygold (formerly Ballyclough) Co-op, Coachford, Co. Cork
- Dairygold (formerly Imokilly) Co-op, Mogeely, Midleton, Co. Cork
- Dairygold (formerly Mitchelstown) Co-op, Clonmel Road, Mitchelstown, Co. Cork
- Distillery Feeds, Lucey & O’Connell, Bandon, Co. Cork
- Drinagh Co-op, Drinagh, Co. Cork
- Lisavaird Co-op Creamery Ltd, Lisavaird, Co. Cork
- North Cork Co-op Creameries, Kanturk, Co. Cork
- Youghal Shipping & Storage Ltd, Green’s Quay, Youghal, Co. Cork