Cork County Development Plan 2022
The Cork County Development Plan 2022 has been prepared in accordance with the steps set out in the Planning and Development Acts.
The Elected Members of Cork County Council have adopted the Cork County Development Plan 2022-2028 at the Full Council Meeting held on Monday 25th April 2022 and it came into effect on Monday 6th June 2022.
It is expected to remain in force (subject to any interim variations that the Council may make) until 2028. It is a six year development plan for the County that attempts to set out, as concisely as possible Cork County Council's current thinking on planning policy looking towards the horizon year of 2028. The plan also sets out the overall planning and sustainable development strategy for the county which must be consistent with the National Planning Framework 2018 and the Southern Region Regional Spatial and Economic Strategy and Cork Metropolitan Area Strategic Plan (MASP) 2020.
The Cork County Development Plan 2022 will be different from the current County Development Plan in two key areas:
It will relate to the new administrative boundary of the county, post the extension of the City boundary.
The Cork County Development Plan 2022 will from Monday June 6th 2022 replace;
- The Cork County Development Plan, 2014.
- The 8 Municipal District Local Area Plans adopted in 2017.
- The 9 Town Development Plans of former Town Council Towns.
Section 31 – Ministers Draft Direction on the Cork County Development Plan 2022
On 3rd June, 2022, the Minister for Housing, Local Government and Heritage notified Cork County Council of his intention to issue a Direction pursuant to Section 31 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) in relation to a number of matters in the adopted Cork County Development Plan 2022.
The Public Consultation Period relating to the draft Ministerial Direction runs from Friday 17th June 2022 for two weeks up to Friday 1st July 2022.
Submissions may be made in either of the following two ways listed hereunder:
- Make a submission or observation on-line, using the “Make a Submission-Section 31” button below and follow the instructions provided. Online submissions will be accepted between 9am on Friday 17th June to Midnight on Friday 01 July 2022.
- Make a formal written submission to the Senior Planner, Planning Policy Unit, Planning and Development Directorate, Cork County Council, Floor 13, County Hall, Cork. (By Post or hand, during office hours to this address only).