Vintage or Veteran Vehicles

A vehicle is classed as a vintage/veteran vehicle when it is over 30 years old and a concessionary rate of motor tax applies. Motor Tax Rates

  • To change the tax class to Vintage/Veteran the owner should use the Change of Particulars form RF111 (pdf) when applying for tax and submit it with the Registration (Log) Book to the local Motor Taxation Office.

Where the vehicle has been acquired without the appropriate registration documentation the new owners should:

  • Submit a completed Statutory Declaration by Person Acquiring Motor Vehicle. This form can be obtained by contacting the local Motor Tax and,
  • Complete an RF134 (pdf) application and submit with €12.00 fee for a replacement Registration (Log) Book.

If the Motor Tax Offices is unable to trace any details of the vehicle from the National Vehicle Computer System and Archives the vehicle will have to be re-registered with NCT and get a new Registration No.

Any queries please contact the Motor Tax Office on (021) 4544566.