Part XAB - Proposed Cemetery Extension at Rockchapel, Co. Cork
Planning and Development Act, 2000 (As Amended) – Part XAB, Section 177AE and Planning & Development Regulations 2001 (As Amended) Rockchapel Cemetery Extension
Notice is hereby given, pursuant to the provisions of Part XAB, Section 177AE of the Planning & Development Act 2000 (as amended), that Cork County Council is applying to An Board Pleanála (“the Board”) s to undertake the following development:
The project is located at Tooreennagrena, Rockchapel, Co. Cork. In the Townland of: Tooreennagrena.
NATURE & EXTENT OF DEVELOPMENT
Proposed cemetery Extension at Rockchapel, Co. Cork The proposed development comprises:-
- Development of a new cemetery adjacent to the existing cemetery, consisting of 193 burial plots
- Construction of 6m wide roadway from public road to the new cemetery extension, incorporating a turning area at the entrance to new cemetery and complete with new 1.5m high fencing along the access road.
- Erection of new entrance walls and piers at the entrance from the public road.
- The site is to be levelled with gradual falls, rotavated, rolled and grass seeded.
- Construction of new 1.2m wide footpaths and reinforced concrete foundation beams
- Installation of French drain around the perimeter of the site
- Construction of a new 1.5M high plastered 225mm hollow block boundary wall complete with capping about the perimeter
- All associated site development and landscape works
OFFICES AT WHICH PLANS AND PARTICULARS MAY BE INSPECTED
Newmarket Area Office, Cork County Council, West End, Newmarket, Co. Cork, between the hours of 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. on each working day, by appointment with a member of the Council staff by calling the following phone number (029) 60018 or by emailing kanturkmallow.md@ corkcoco.ie.
Below in the 'Document Summary' section.
The offices of An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, between the hours 9:15am and 5:30pm Monday to Friday (Excluding Public Holidays).
The proposed works are adjacent to the old cemetery at Rockchapel which is a Recorded Monument CO004-030.
A Natural Impact Statement has been prepared as part of the application for approval in respect of the proposed development.
An Bord Pleanála may give approval to the application for development with or without conditions or may refuse the application for development.
A copy of the plans and particulars of the proposed development and the Natura Impact Statement will be available for inspection free of charge, or purchased at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy, for a period of 6 weeks (excluding Bank Holidays) between 2nd June and 18th July 2022 at the locations above.;
Any submissions and observations on the proposed development in relation to –
- the implications of the proposed development for proper planning and sustainable development in the area concerned,
- the likely effects on the environment of the proposed development, and
- the likely significant effects of the proposed development on a European Site, if carried out,
may be made in writing to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin, D01 V902. Any submission/observation must be received by An Bord Pleanála before and not later than 5.30pm on 18th July 2022.
A person may question the validity of any such decision by An Bord Pleanála by way of an application for judicial review under Order 84 of the Rules of the Superior Courts (S.I. No. 15 of 1986) in accordance with section 50 of the Planning and Development Acts, 2000 (as amended).
Practical information on the review mechanism can be accessed under the heading Publications – Judicial Review Notice on the Board’s website www.pleanala.ie or on the Citizens Information website www.citizensinformation.ie.
Niall Healy, Director of Services Municipal District Operations & Rural Development Directorate 2nd June 2022.
Personal Information may be collected by Cork County Council to enable the processing of your submission/ enquiry. Cork County Council can legally process this information as necessary to comply with its statutory/legal obligations. Such information will be processed in line with the Council’s privacy statement which is available at www.corkcoco.ie. For certain processes such as Temporary Road Closures, personal data may need to be transferred to a third party where such third party is the applicant. Accordingly, please indicate if you consent to the transfer of your personal information to the applicant.