Section 38 - Proposed Relocation of Pedestrian Crossing and Bus Stops on Glasslyn Road, Bandon, Co. Cork
Cork County Council
Road Traffic Act 1994
Proposed relocation of pedestrian crossing and bus stops on Glasslyn Road, Bandon, Co. Cork.
Glasslyn Road, N71-1024 & R586-0, Bandon Co Cork,
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 38 of the Road Traffic Act, 1994, Cork County Council hereby gives notice of its intention to introduce the following road works at Glasslyn Road, Bandon, Co. Cork;
- Relocate existing informal pedestrian crossing further east incorporating the installation of a new formal controlled pedestrian crossing
- Relocation of existing bus stops for east and west bound traffic
- New Bus stops including bus shelters will be universally accessible
- Creation of pedestrian refuge island between westbound and east bound traffic lanes.
- kerb realignment
- road markings & signage
- hard & soft landscaping
- all associated works
The works will involve the construction and installation of a realigned kerb line, road markings, traffic signals and associated works.
Drawings and particulars of the proposed project are available for inspection:
- Drawings can be viewed below in the 'Document Summary' section.
- Cork County Council, Bandon Area Engineers office Glasslynn Road, Bandon, Co. Cork,
and may be inspected during normal offices hours from 9am on Friday 13th January until 5pm Thursday 9th February 2023 inclusive. However, if COVID-19 travel restrictions return, all interested parties are directed to Option 1 above. If COVID-19 travel restrictions are not in place during the public consultation period, then Option 2 is also available.
If a person is unable to access the information online as detailed above, then they may contact the Bandon Area Engineers Office (tel:(023) 8841181) to request a copy of the documents and these may then be posted or emailed for their review.
Submissions regarding the proposal may be made;
- Online by clicking the 'Make a Submission' button below
Or in writing to;
- Senior Engineer, Capital Programme Implementation Unit, Floor 11, County Hall, Carrigrohane road, Cork
on or before 5 pm on Thursday 9th February, 2023.
Please include the Section 38 project title (as per the above notice) on all submissions and correspondence sent to Cork County Council relating to this project. It should be noted that the Freedom of Information Act applies to all records held by Cork County Council.
Director of Services, 13th January 2023.
Personal Information may be collected by Cork County Council to enable the processing of your submission/ enquiry. Cork County Council can legally process this information as necessary to comply with its statutory/legal obligations. Such information will be processed in line with the Council’s privacy statement which is available at www.corkcoco.ie . For certain processes such as Temporary Road Closures, personal data may need to be transferred to a third party where such third party is the applicant. Accordingly, please indicate if you consent to the transfer of your personal information to the applicant.