Cork County Council
Road Traffic Act 1994
Proposed Safe Routes to School measures including, a raised table pedestrian crossing with Belisha beacons, integrated light pole and entrance to new footpath within school grounds at Bandon Grammar School, Clancool Terrace (L2027), Bandon, Co Cork.
Clancool Terrace (L 2027), Bandon Co Cork,
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 38 of the Road Traffic Act, 1994, Cork County Council hereby gives notice of its intention to introduce the following road works on the L2027, Clancool Terrace, Bandon, Co. Cork;
- Installation of raised table pedestrian crossing at a new pedestrian access / entrance to the Bandon Grammar School on Clancool terrace
- Belisha beacons and integrated public light pole
- New pedestrian access gate to service new 2 m wide asphalt pathway within the school grounds
- kerb alignment
- signage & lighting
- hard and soft landscaping and all associated works
The works will involve the construction and installation of kerb alignments, raised table pedestrian crossing, road markings and associated works.
Drawings and particulars of the proposed project are available for inspection:
- Below in the 'Document Summary' section
- Cork County Council, Bandon Area Engineers office Glasslynn Road, Bandon, Co. Cork,
and may be inspected during normal offices hours from 9am on Friday 8th July until 5pm Thursday 4th August 2022 inclusive. However, if COVID-19 travel restrictions return, all interested parties are directed to Option 1 above. If COVID-19 travel restrictions are not in place during the public consultation period, then Option 2 is also available.
If a person is unable to access the information online as detailed above, then they may contact the Bandon Area Engineers Office (tel: 023 - 8841181) to request a copy of the documents and these may then be posted or emailed for their review.
Submissions regarding the proposal may be made ;
- Online at Cork County Council’s website at https://www.yourcouncil.ie
Or in writing to
- Senior Engineer, Capital Programme Implementation Unit, Floor 11, County Hall, Carrigrohane road, Cork
on or before 5 pm on Thursday 4th August 2022.
Please include the Section 38 project title (as per the above notice) on all submissions and correspondence sent to Cork County Council relating to this project. It should be noted that the Freedom of Information Act applies to all records held by Cork County Council.
Director of Services
8th July 2022.