CORK COUNTY COUNCIL
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000 (as amended) – Part XI PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001 (as amended) - Part 8
Notice is hereby given, pursuant to the provisions of Part XI of the Planning & Development Act, 2000 (as amended) and in accordance with the requirements of Part 8, Article 81 and Article 83 of the Planning & Development Regulations, 2001 (as amended) that Cork County Council proposes to undertake the following development:
Proposed Construction of Carpark at Ballard, Kilworth, Co. Cork.
The project is located at Ballard Forest, Kilworth Co. Cork. On the road L-1419.
In the Townland of:
- Ballard, Kilworth, Co. Cork.
Nature and Extent of Development
The proposed development is the construction of a public car park providing 18 parking spaces.
The proposed development comprises:
- The development of hardcore public car park.
- The existing ground shall be levelled and topsoil used to create new perimeter boundary. The permeable surface treatment and base of the car park shall be 150mm CL804 material on 100mm of 50mm stone. Drainage will naturally percolate via the new surface water.
- The creation of a vehicular entrance/exit on to the exiting forestry road.
- New hardcore footpath link to Forest Recreation Area.
- Erection of 1.2m high timber post and 3 rail fencing about the perimeter of the proposed car park.
- Landscaping of site boundaries with native hedging and trees.
- Drainage works within the car park, including a French drain and soak pit.
- Erection of a height barrier.
- Erection of signage & map board.
Locations and offices at which plans and particulars may be Inspected
Fermoy Municipal District Office, Cork County Council, Courthouse, Fermoy, Co. Cork. between the hours of 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. on each working day. See Note 1 below.
- By appointment with a member of the Council staff by calling the following number: (022) 31155 or emailing email@example.com.
- Below in the 'Document Summary' section.
- On receipt of a written requestthe Council will post or email a copy of the plansand particulars to a member of the public who wishes to make a written submission within the statutory timeframe (indicated below).
- The request should be headed: ‘Part 8 – Proposed Car Park at Ballard’ and addressed to the Fermoy Municipal Districts, Courthouse, Fermoy, Co. Cork. Eircode: P61 AW63 stating whether you wish to have the plans etc. sent in hard copy form or by email.
Plans and Particulars
Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection and/or purchase at the locations outlined above (see Point No. 1 above) on each day during which the said offices are open for the transaction of business (excluding Bank Holidays) for a period of 4 weeks from 17th November 2023 and ending on 18th December 2023.
A submission or observation in relation to the proposed development, may be made by using the online submission form on www.yourcouncil.ie or, in writing, to:
Fermoy Municipal District Office,
Cork County Council, Courthouse,
before 4.00pm on 8/01/2024.
Director of Services Municipal District Operations & Rural Development Directorate 17th November 2023.