Section 38 - Proposed Installation of Traffic Calming & Active Travel Measures in Belgooly, Co. Cork
Cork County Council
Road Traffic Act 1994
Proposed installation of traffic calming & active travel measures in Belgooly, Co. Cork
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 38 of the Road Traffic Act, 1994, Cork County Council hereby gives notice of its
intention to introduce the following road works in Belgooly, Kinsale, Co. Cork;
- installation of raised table uncontrolled pedestrian crossings;
- installation of raised table controlled pedestrian crossings;
- kerb re-alignment at junctions;
- installation of new footpaths & widening of some existing footpaths; and
- all associated works.
These proposed works are the first of a 3-phase programme in Belgooly village to install traffic calming & active travel measures throughout the village. Phase 1 has been approved and funding has been secured from the NTA (National Transport Authority). Phase 2 (Aghafantaun Bridge to up the National School) which will involve a solution to be agreed for the Aghafantaun Bridge, will need to be approved by the NTA before funding is secured and a separate Section 38 application will then proceed. Likewise Phase 3 will again involve a solution to be agreed for the narrow bridge to Riverbank Housing Estate before funding is secured and a separate Section 38 application will then proceed. Drawings and particulars of the proposed project are available for inspection:
- Drawings can be viewed below in the 'Document Summary' section.
- Cork County Council, Kinsale Area Engineers Office, Rathbeg, Kinsale, Co. Cork, P17KX39.
and may be inspected during normal offices hours from 9am on Thursday 17th November until 5pm Friday 16th
If a person is unable to access the information online as detailed above, then they may contact the Kinsale Area Engineers Office (021-4772137) to request a copy of the documents, and these may then be posted or emailed for their review.
Submissions regarding the proposal may be made;
- Online at Cork County Council’s website at yourcouncil.ie
or in writing to
- Kinsale Area Engineer, Cork County Council, Kinsale, Rathbeg, Kinsale, Co. Cork, P17KX39 on or before 5 pm on Friday 16th December 2022. Please include the Section 38 project title (as per the above notice) on all submissions and correspondence sent to Cork County Council relating to this project. It should be noted that the Freedom of Information Act applies to all records held by Cork County Council.
Director of Services,
16th November 2022
Personal Information may be collected by Cork County Council to enable the processing of your submission/ enquiry. Cork County Council can legally process this information as necessary to comply with its statutory/legal obligations. Such information will be processed in line with the Council’s privacy statement which is available at www.corkcoco.ie. For certain processes such as Temporary Road Closures, personal data may need to be transferred to a third party where such third party is the applicant. Accordingly, please indicate if you consent to the transfer of your personal information to the applicant.