The 23 towns across County Cork to benefit from Project ACT have been revealed.
Project ACT is a series of measures by Cork County Council designed to give confidence to the business, retail and community sectors through prioritised and targeted funding.
Town Teams have been appointed for:
- Passage West / Monkstown / Glenbrook
Project “ACT” is being run across Cork County Council’s eight Municipal Districts with the support of Elected Members. The Project will see the creation of multi-sectoral teams with a targeted focus on rebuilding the economy and community life in each area.
Some of the immediate actions being taken include:
- A deep clean of the main retail and pedestrian areas
- Decluttering and fixing street furniture
- Replanting of trees and flowerbeds
- Additional road/pavement markings
- Measures to improve public space utilisation for pedestrians and business
Project ACT Town meetings are taking place this week, involving Elected Members, council staff, business and community representatives, members of An Garda Siochána, and representatives from the Cork County Older Persons Council.
Further details on Project ACT will be announced after a period of consultation on how best to implement further changes, and how to support businesses looking to re-open safely at the appropriate time.