CORK COUNTY COUNCIL
Development Under Section 179 of The Planning and Development Act, 2000, as Amended and Notice Pursuant to the Requirements of Part 8, Article 81 of the Planning and Development Regulations, 2001, as Amended
Notice is hereby given that Cork County Council proposes to carry out the following development:
Bandon Transportation Public Realm Enhancement Plan (TPREP) Implementation Project – Phase 1
Glasslyn Road west of the roundabout with the N71, St Finbarr’s Place, Oliver Plunkett Street, Brady’s Lane, St Patrick’s Place, New Road, Market Street, Ballymodan Place, South Main Street, Pearse Street, Bridge Street, Bridge Lane, MacSwiney Quay and Weir Street in Bandon, Co. Cork.
Nature and extent of proposed development:
The proposed development at the locations identified consists of street and public realm improvements:
- Bridge Street is to become one way southbound and Bridge Lane to become one way northbound;
- Brady’s lane is to become one way northbound;
- Market Street is to become one way northbound between its junction with St Patricks Quay and South Main Street;
- MacSwiney Quay is to become one way westbound between its junction with St Finbarr’s Place and Weir Street;
- Provide Enhanced Pedestrian connectivity by widening and reconfiguring footpaths;
- Provide pedestrian crossing facilities;
- Upgrade the carriageway and new road markings will be installed.
- Traffic calming measures including providing the vehicular lane and footways at the same level to create a shared street on Bridge Street / Bridge Lane and Ballymodan Place;
- Provide two new bus stops (universally accessible) on Glasslyn Road with associated bus shelters;
- Provide cycle tracks in both directions on Glasslyn Road;
- Enhance the public realm to include ancillary street furniture, cycle parking and trees, Upgrade the public lighting and other ancillary works:
The development is in an Architectural Conservation Area. A Screening for Appropriate Assessment (AA) report has been prepared to assist the competent authority, Cork County Council, to carry out an Assessment. This Screening for Appropriate Assessment concludes no impacts to any Natura 2000 sites are likely as a result of the proposed development. It is concluded that a full AA is not required.
As per Article 81 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended), an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) screening determination has been made that an EIA is not required. In accordance with Article 120 (3), as amended by S.I. No. 296 of 2018, a person may, within 4 weeks from the date of this notice (22nd February 2020) apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment. Such a submission should be addressed to the Secretary, An Bord Pleanála, 64, Marlborough Street, Dublin, 1.
Part 8 documents
The following documents are contained within this application: Part 8 Report; Preliminary Design Report; Planning Drawings; Environmental Impact Assessment Screening Report; Appropriate Assessment Screening Report.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development are available for inspection and/ or purchase for a fee of €15 per set from January 25th, 2021 until February 22nd, 2021 between the hours of 09:00 to 17:00 at the following venues:
- Below, in the 'Additional Documents Section'.
- Planning Counter, Ground Floor, County Hall, Cork;
- Cork County Council, Bandon Area Office, Glasslyn Road, Bandon Co. Cork;
A virtual exhibition will be available online from January 25th, 2021 until February 22nd, 2021. This will provide the general public with access to view the plans and documentation in an exhibition-style setting. The link for the virtual exhibition is:
Submissions with respect to the proposed development may be made on or before 5pm on Monday March 8th, 2021 as follows:
- Online at Cork County Council’s website at www.yourcouncil.ie or
- In writing clearly marked: Part 8 Bandon TPREP Implementation Project -Phase 1, Senior Engineer, Capital Programme Implementation Unit, Floor 11, Cork County Council, County Hall, Cork.
- It should be noted that the Freedom of Information Act applies to all records held by Cork County Council.
It should be noted that the Freedom of Information Act applies to all records held by Cork County Council.
Senior Engineer, Capital Programme Implementation Unit, Cork County Council 25th January 2021
Site notice locations
Part 8 Consultants Report
Preliminary Design report
Drawings & Sections Glasslyn Road
Drawings & Sections St Finbarrs place /Oliver Plunkett st / Bradys Lane
Drawings & Sections South Main St / Pearse St
Drawings & Sections Bridge St / Bridge Lane
Drawings & Sections Ballymoden Place / South Main St / Chapel St
Drawings & Sections Market St / St Patricks Place / New Road
Drawings & Sections Mac Swiney Quay/Weir street
AA screening Report
AA screening Determination
EIA Screening Report
EIA Screening Determination