PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000 (as amended) – Part XAB SECTION 177AE and PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001 (as amended)
Proposed Fermoy Weir Remedial Works and Fish Bypass on the River Blackwater, at Fermoy Weir (protected structure), Fermoy, Co. Cork.
Notice is hereby given, pursuant to the provisions of Part XAB Section177AE of the Planning & Development Act, 2000 (as amended) that Cork County Council intends to make an application for approval to An Bord Pleanála to carry out the following development:
The project is located at Fermoy, Co Cork in the townlands of Fermoy and Fermoy South and Carrignagroghera
NATURE & EXTENT OF DEVELOPMENT
Remedial works to the existing Fermoy weir (protected structure) and the construction of a new fish bypass on the River Blackwater, in Fermoy Town, Co. Cork. The proposed development includes the following:
Site preparation works to include the removal ofc.30 no. trees on the northern bank, excavation works and installation of sheet piles/ beams to facilitate the proposed fish bypass;
- the construction of a new fish bypass channel including the placement of gravel and rockfill for the base of the bypass channel and the provision of stone steps in the bypass channel;
- Remedial works to the existing weir (upstream and downstream of Fermoy/ Kent Bridge which is also a protected structure) to include the restoration of the existing salmon leap;
- Dredging and re-profiling of the existing riverbed, remedial and protection works to the existing river embankment and masonry river wall;
- All associated ancillary development works including temporary construction works and diversion/control of river flows and tie-ins to the existing structures/ riverbanks.
OFFICES AT WHICH PLANS AND PARTICULARS MAY BE INSPECTED
At Cork Co Co Municipal District Offices, Fermoy Town Hall, Fermoy, Co. Cork. Area/ Divisional Office between the hours of 9am – 5pm, (closed from 1pm – 2pm).
Below in the 'Document Summary' Section.
The offices of An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1 between the hours of 9:15am and 5:30pm Monday to Friday (Excluding Public Holidays).
A Natura Impact Statement has been prepared as part of the application for approval in respect of the proposed development.
An Bord Pleanála may give approval to the application for development with or without conditions or may refuse the application for development.
A copy of the plans and Particulars of the proposed development and the Natura Impact Statement may be inspected or purchased at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy for a period of 6 weeks (excluding Bank Holidays between 9th June and 29th July 2022 at the locations above.
Submissions and observations are invited relating to –
- The implications of the proposed development for the proper planning and sustainable development of the area concerned,
- The likely effects on the environment of the proposed development, and
- The likely significant effects of the proposed development on a European site, if carried out.
Submissions or observations should only be made in writing to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, not later than 5.00pm on 29th July 2022.
A person may question the validity of any such decision by An Bord Pleanála by way of an application for judicial review under Order 84 of the Rules of the Superior Courts (S.I. No. 15 of 1986) in accordance with section 50 of the Planning and Development Acts, 2000 (as amended).
Practical information on the review mechanism can be accessed under the heading Publications – Judicial Review Notice on the Board’s website www.pleanala.ie or on the Citizens Information website www.citizensinformation.ie.
Niall Healy, Director of Services Municipal District Operations & Rural Development Directorate, 9th June 2022.