Part XAB - Proposed - R585 Road Realignment and Improvement Scheme – Dromdeegy, Dunmanway, Co. Cork.
NOTICE PURSUANT TO: PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT ACT, 2000 (as amended) – Part XAB, SECTION 177AE and PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001 (as amended)
R585 Road Realignment and Improvement Scheme – Dromdeegy, Dunmanway, Co. Cork.
Notice is hereby given that Cork County Council proposes to seek the approval of An Bord Pleanála for a road realignment and improvement scheme, in the townlands of Dromdeegy and Cooranig, Dunmanway, Co. Cork. The proposed development will consist of the following:
- Alteration to existing road alignment to improve road safety.
- Site clearance.
- Road construction, resurfacing, road lining, signage and road studs.
- Relocation of overhead line.
- Construction of earth berms and fencing.
A Natura Impact Statement has been prepared in respect of the proposed development.
An Bord Pleanála may give approval for the development with or without conditions, or may refuse the application for development.
The Natura Impact Statement and project particulars prepared in respect of the proposed development will be available for inspection free of charge at the following locations:
- Cork County Council, County Hall Foyer, Carrigrohane Road, Cork, T12 R2NC - between the hours of 9.00am and 5.00pm,
- Cork County Council Municipal District Offices – Swimming Pool Complex, Bantry Road, Dunmanway, Co. Cork, P47 EV67 - between the hours of 9.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00 pm to 5.00pm.
- The Offices of An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, Monday – Friday during working hours. Note: Due to COVID-19, it is recommended that persons contact the Office to arrange viewing of the application in advance (Phone: (01) 858 8100 or Lo-call 1890 275 175).
From 14th December 2022 to 1st February 2023 (inclusive of both dates but excluding public holidays) the Natura Impact Statement may be purchased for a fee (the fee shall not exceed the reasonable cost of making such a copy).
The application plans and particulars, and Natura Impact Statement may also be viewed at or downloaded below in the 'Document Summary' section.
Submissions or observations may be made in writing only to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, D01 V902 in respect of:
- The implications of the proposed development for proper planning and sustainable development in the area concerned, and
- The likely effects on the environment of the proposed development, if carried out, and
- The likely significant effects of the proposed development on a European site, if carried out.
Any submissions or observations must be received by An Bord Pleanála not later than 5.30pm on 1st February 2023.
A person may question the validity of a decision by An Bord Pleanála by way of an application for judicial review, under Order 84 of the rules of the Superior Courts (S.I. No.15 of 1986) in accordance with Section 50 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended).
Practical information on the review mechanism can be accessed under the heading Publications – Judicial Review Notice on An Bord Pleanála website www.pleanala.ie or on the Citizens Information website www.citizensinformation.ie.
John Slattery, Senior Engineer, Regional & Local Roads Design Office.
Personal Information may be collected by Cork County Council to enable the processing of your submission/ enquiry. Cork County Council can legally process this information as necessary to comply with its statutory/ legal obligations. Such information will be processed in line with the Council’s privacy statement which is available at www.corkcoco.ie.